Recovery Coach Academy Training (WHN126-65)
Mon.-Fri. 3/12-3/16/2018; 8:30am-5:30pm, 5 sessions
Location: Hyannis Center, 540 Main Street, Hyannis
This training program is geared toward professionals in the community such as, but not limited to, social workers, counselors, and nurses. CEUs and CECs may be available. Please contact Mary Conklin, Program Coordinator, at 508-375-5010 for more information.
The CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© is a 5-day intensive training academy focusing on providing individuals with the skills needed to guide, mentor and support anyone who would like to enter into or sustain long-term recovery from an addiction to alcohol or other drugs.
CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© participants will:
- Describe Recovery Coach role and functions
- List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
- Discover attitudes about self-disclosure and sharing your story
- Understand the stages of recovery
- Describe the stages of change and their applications
- Increase their awareness of culture, power and privilege
- Address ethical and boundaries issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
By designing the academy as more of a retreat or learning community, each participant comes away with not only the necessary skills, but are fully empowered and motivated.
The lessons taught in the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© expand way beyond the role of recovery coach, as many graduates leave feeling a greater sense of self, solidifying their position as allies in the ever-changing recovery community.